Huaka`i: Destination Tahiti
September 15, 2018
at the Royal Hawaiian Monarch Room
Be greeted and serenaded by Puamana during the reception at 5:30 p.m.
A taste of music and Himeni by Tahitian descendants
with entertainment by reknowned Tahiti Mana.
A special Theater History visit by the Tahitian Missionaries, Tute and Auna.
Please join us - you won't want to miss the silent auction!
- Tables of $15,000, $10,000, or $5,000 seat eight to ten people, your choice, with added benefits for those at the $15,000 and $10,000 tables. Learn more here. Table levels and benefits.
- A history character at your own event for the $15,000 level!
- Individual tickets may be available at $500 each for seating at tables of ten.
Here’s what we did with the funds raised in 2017:
- 88% went to programs
- Just this fiscal year, 28,000 visitors were served
- 3,800 students from 60 different schools learned
- over 1400 people enjoyed Mission Houses history theatre, which include Opukaha’ia Day, History Theatre, and Cemetery Pupu Theatre.
Frequently Asked Questions
• I am unable to attend. How else can I support the event?
• May we suggest you sponsor a school trip? Click here to see more information about sponsorship, or click here to donate directly!
• Will there be an auction?
• Yes - both silent and a brief live auction. Check back for a list of unique houses, parties, and items of Hawaiiana.
• Is there parking?
• Valet parking will be available to the $15K and $10K tables. Self-parking will be validated for all other guests.
• What have previous events been like?
• Scroll below to see parts of our 2012 and 2014 celebrations!
Patrons honored their favorite ali`i at each table, bought Needs List Lei and bid at our silent and live auctions of unique Hawaiiana.
We welcomed the Farden family of Lahaina! The whole family entertained as we honored their beautiful music tradition while raising funds to make history real. We greeted our guests with music, a seated dinner under the trees, a silent auction, a needs list, and much more!