Huaka`i: A Musical Journey
Honoring John Papa `I`i and the Royal School, Kula Ali`i
October 6, a Friday, at the
Royal Hawaii Hotel Monarch Room
Featuring the sounds of Keahou,
winners of nine Na Hokuhanohano Awards as a group
in addition to individual awards
With Emcees Danny Kaniela Akaka, Jr. and Alan Akaka
Enjoy the music of Pumana as you arrive,
and during dinner at your table,
with your favorite music and hula
Honor the legacy of John Papa `I`i and the Kula Ali`i
with your table purchase
Please join us!
- Tables at $15,000, $10,000, or $5,000 seat eight to ten people, your choice,
with added beneits for those at the $15,000 and $10,000 tables. Learn more here: Table levels and benefits
- Individual tickets may be available at $350 each for seating at tables of ten.
Frequently Asked Questions
• I am unable to attend. How else can I support the event?
• May we suggest you sponsor a school trip? Click here to see more information about sponsorship, or click here to donate directly!
• Will there be an auction?
• Yes - both silent and a brief live auction with Eric Schiff. Check back for a list of unique houses, parties, and items of Hawaiiana.
• Can I attend without purchasing a table?
• Of course! Individual tickets are available at $350 each, seated at tables of ten.
• Is there parking?
• Valet parking will be available to the $15K and $10K tables. Self-parking will be validated for all other guests.
• What have previous events been like?
• Scroll below to see parts of our 2012 and 2014 celebrations!
A sell-out crowd enjoyed a beautiful evening! The show celebrated Na Lani `Eha, the four ali`i composers, with Ku`uipo Kumukahi and the Hawaiian Music Hall of Fame Serenaders and Halau Hawai`i, Kumu Hula Karen Ka`ohulani Aiu.
Patrons honored their favorite ali`i at each table, bought Needs List Lei and bid at our silent and live auctions of unique Hawaiiana.
The event in 2012...
We welcomed the Farden family of Lahaina! The whole family entertained as we honored their beautiful music tradition while raising funds to make history real. We greeted our guests with music, a seated dinner under the trees, a silent auction, a needs list, and much more!