Volunteers make a difference!
Become an Ambassador of Aloha for the Hawaiian Mission Houses Historic Site and Archives located in downtown Honolulu's Capitol Cultural District. There are opportunities for volunteers of all ages and interests.
• Docents at the Hawaiian Mission Houses serve as volunteer guides to the museum’s grounds, exhibitions and special tours.
• Educational Assistants make the past come alive for special programs and school tours; learn various historical processes as well as interpretive skills and share these skills with the public and our many educational groups.
• Curatorial/Collections Assistants support the Curator with general collection management, object labeling, and inventory. They also catalog new acquisitions, update existing collection records, and assist with exhibition prep and collection research.
• Library Aides assist our Librarian-Archivist, researchers and reading room visitors.
• Special Events Assistants provide support for a variety of special events including: performances, music concerts, descendant reunions, Annual Holiday Craft Fair, etc.
• Visitor Information Representatives welcome visitors; provide information on our historical site, programs and events. They encourage visitors to take the guided tours and also to visit the gift shop.
• Clerical/Office Assistants provide general clerical–daily operations support – utilizing office machines, filing, word processing, data entry, assisting in mail outs, etc.
For more information please call Marcia Timboy, Volunteer Coordinator, at (808) 447-3918