HMCS / HMH What's Happening
Annual Meeting and Open House 2017
The Annual Meeting weekend is always full of fun and celebration. April 21-22, 2017 will be no exception!
Friday, April 21
9:00 a.m. Breakfast with President Martha Morgan and Executive Director Tom Woods at HMH
• Visit the archives before it opens, by reservation (call Mary Ann Lentz, (808) 447-3922)
• Friday historic house tours at HMH as usual with no admission charged for enrolled members of HMCS.
• Tours are on the hour beginning at 11 a.m., with final tour starting at 3 p.m.
Midday Past Presidents' Luncheon
5:30-7:30 p.m. History Theatre, special pau hana at HMH featuring two characters followed by talkback time to discuss the role, the research, and the times.
• $30 per person includes pupu and beverage, reservations requested.
• Emma Metcalf Beckley Nakuina
• Ethel Damon
• New spaces in the 1821 Mission House and Print Shop will be open for viewing while the sun shines. Performances at 6:30 p.m.
Make your reservation HERE or by calling Lisa at (808) 447-3926.
Saturday, April 22
9:30 a.m. Registration and coffee
10:00 a.m. Annual Meeting Call to Order
• If needed, games for keiki during the meeting can be arranged. Please let us know you need these.
• Roll Call and the Annual Photo follow as early as possible – by 10:45 a.m.
• Pre-order lunch or potluck under our tent while the Board of Trustees holds its first meeting of the new year.
12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. FREE open house and activities for all ages
•Sign up that day for a behind the scenes tour of the archives or the objects
• Tours of Archives or of Objects at 1 and 2 p.m. (Sign up at Registration or at the Visitor's Desk)
Rededication of the Print Shop with Lectures (Begin at 2:00 p.m.)
Al Schütz and John Laimana will present their research
Activities and fun for the whole family
• Explore the exhibitions in the Houses
• See the Printing Press in action
• Visit the Archives and learn how to use our online resources
Be sure to pre-register in order to have a lunch prepared for you - or plan a potluck with your family.
Lunch Plans are in process, please check back to order your favorites.
For further information, please feel free to contact either Lisa (808) 447-3926 or Mary Ann (808) 447-3922. Leave your name and number in case they miss your call, and they will get back to you as soon as possible!
The nominations for Trustees WILL be found here.
Help keep us up to date with your family on the Genealogy page.
See the Site's Calendar page for all the latest events at HMH.