HMCS / HMH What's Happening
Annual Meeting, Roll Call, and Open House
The Annual Meeting weekend is always full of fun and celebration. Stay tuned for specific plans for THIS year ...
Mark your calendar for Saturday, April 21, 2018 -
We will have a visit from a new history character Rev. William Richards on Saturday and
return visits of Rev. Lorrin Andrews and Samuel Kamakau on Friday, April 20.
Future Annual Meeting dates will be:
April 6, 2019
April 25, 2020
The last one was April 21-22, 2017
Read about it in the Fall 2017 Maile Wreath.
SEE the 2017 Annual Meeting in video.
Here's an outline of the weekend as we are planning it ...
Friday, April 20
8:30 a.m. Breakfast with the President and new Executive Director at HMH*
• Visit the archives before it opens,* by reservation (call Mary Ann Lentz, (808) 447-3922)
• Friday historic house tours at HMH as usual with no admission charged for enrolled members of HMCS.
Tours are on the hour beginning at 11 a.m., with final tour starting at 3 p.m.
*For events with an asterisk, we request pre-registration or reservations. See below for more information.
5:30-7:30 p.m. History Theatre,* special pau hana at HMH featuring two characters followed by talkback time to discuss the role, the research, and the times.
• $30 per person includes pupu and beverage, reservations requested.
The characters will be:
• Reverend Lorrin Andrews
• Samuel Kamakau
The newly renovated space interpreted as the Print Shop will be open for viewing while the sun shines. Performances began at 6:30 p.m.
Make your reservation online or by calling Lisa at (808) 447-3926.
Saturday, April 21
9:30 a.m. Registration and coffee
PARKING has been requested at Kawaiaha`o Plaza Garage, corner South and Kawaiaha`o Streets. Free. Otherwise, use the city lot at Beretania and Alapai Streets.
10:00 a.m. Annual Meeting Call to Order and election of Trustees; Roll Call and the Annual Photo follow at approximately 11 a.m.
A special visit by Rev. William Richards is planned as we recreate the hale built for him by Governor Boki in 1823.
AS ALWAYS ... the Roll Call of descendants by order of arrivals and the Annual Photo will follow - EVERYONE in attendance should join in the photo.
Who will be the youngest this year? Who will have come the furthest? and which of our kupuna will admit to being most elderly?
• Games for keiki will be offered during the meeting.* Please let us know the ages of your children.
• Roll Call and the Annual Photo follow – approximately 11 a.m.
• Pre-order lunch* or potluck under our tent while the Board of Trustees holds its first meeting of the new year.
12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. FREE open house and activities for all ages
• Check back for more information shortly ...
Activities and fun for the whole family
• Explore the exhibitions in the Houses
• See the Printing Press in action
• Visit the Archives and learn how to use our online resources
Be sure to pre-register in order to have a lunch prepared for you - or plan a potluck with your family.
More information on lunch choices is coming soon ...
The nominations for Trustees will be found here.
Help keep us up to date with your family on the Genealogy page.
See the Site's Calendar page for all the latest events at HMH.