New members of the Board of Trustees
Elected at the Annual Meeting, Saturday, April 21, 2018
Elected for a first three-year term:
- Frank Brandt Founding Partner/Chairman Emeritus of PBR HAWAII, formerly known as Phillips, Brandt, Reddick and Assoc. established in 1969 in Hawaiʻi, California & Colorado. Kamehameha/Punahou 1957; Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture, Cal Poly-Pomona; Fellow American Society of Landscape ArchitectsPast Professional & Community Involvement: Chamber of Commerce, Historic Hawaii Foundation, Friends of ʻIolani Palace, Rotary Club of Honolulu,Hawaiʻi Maritime Center, Native Hawaiian Chamber, and many others.
- Chris Cook Long-time Kaua‘i-based author with a brand new biography of ʻŌpūkahaʻia. Christopher Cook is a graduate of the University of Hawai‘i and former editor of The Garden Island newspaper in Lihu‘e. Chris has extensive surfing travel around Pacific Rim and as a member of short-term missionary teams in Southeast Asia.
- Patricia Godfrey Patricia Godfrey is a descendant of the Thurston and Andrews families. She was born and raised on the Big Island and Oahu. She is a writer currently compiling the letters of Lucy Goodale Thurston. Patricia is the president of the Laniakea Foundation, which exists to preserve the Laniakea historic site in Kailua-Kona on the island of Hawaii. She has served on the board of Historic Hawaii because of her interest in the historic architecture of the islands, and her other interests include art, literature and the preservation of wilderness.
- Lucy Gospodnetich Lucy Gospodnetich is a descendant of Asa and Lucy Thurston and Lorrin and Mary Andrews. Born and raised in Hilo, she learned from an early age to value and cherish Hawaii, Hawaiian culture and its unique expression in God's creation. She lives in Honolulu with her husband John and one of her greatest delights is to read the Baibala Hemolele that her ancestors helped translate from Hebrew and Greek into Hawaiian.
- Patricia Morgan Patricia Morgan is a great great, great granddaughter of Dr. and Mrs. Gerrit Judd. Her working career was primarily in the accounting field – telling stories with numbers. Now enjoying retirement, she is working on telling stories with words. Throughout both her working career, and in retirement, she has served on a variety of Boards, both for profit and nonprofit.
- Curt Sharp Curt Sharp was born in Hawaii, raised in Ola'a and Hilo on Hawai'i Island, graduated from Kamehameha Schools and was an officer in the USMC. For the past 49 years he has worked internationally in some 120 countries either as a director or MD. Over the past 15-20 years he has been involved as a director overseeing large multi-million dollar programs (projects) in Iraq, Afghanistan, and East Africa with his base of operations being Dubai, UAE for the past 9 years. Over the years he has enjoyed adventure type hiking, sky diving, and other extreme sports. Curt is a (Brickwood) Lyman. He returned home a year and half ago.
• Puchi Romig was re-elected for her second three-year term.
• Peter T. Young was re-elected for his third three-year term.
Trustees elected in 2016; term to expire April 2019
• Kahu Francine Park Palama, Ph.D. was elected to her first three-year term.
• Lindsay Norcross Mist was elected for her second three-year term.
Trustees elected in 2017; term to expire April 2020
- Malia Ane (resigned October 2017)
- Juliette Montague Cooke
- Richard Emery
- The Rev. Dr. David Hirano
- James F. Hunnewell, Jr., AIA
- Kahu Kenneth Makuakāne
- Lucas Morgan
- Wendy Rice Peterson
- Paul Dahlquist – for a third term
- Sherman Hee – for a third term
- McKibbin Mist – for a third term
- John Laimana – for a third term
- Sarah Richards – for a second term
• Christopher B. D. Abbott
• Malia Ane
• Alan B. King
• Leilani Maguire
• Martha E. Morgan
• Bonnie F. Rice