The Slate of Nominees for the Board of Trustees
to be voted upon at the Annual Meeting, Saturday, April 16, 2016
Kahu Francine Park Palama, Ph.D.
Fran was appointed to the board by vote of the trustees to fill a position left vacant by the passing of Spencer Leineweber. She is eligible for election to her first three-year term. After retiring from the Honolulu Police Department, Fran studied architecture under Professor Leineweber earning her doctorate in architecture at the University of Hawai`i. She is internationally known for her work in the restoration of churches in North America and the Pacific.
Andrew is a Co-Founder and Principal of Kina‘ole Capital Partners, LLC where he has helped build a market leading solar finance platform for residential and commercial customers. Andrew’s focus lies in strategic partnerships, operations, deal origination, and fundraising for the company. Prior to Kina‘ole, Andrew co-founded Bonterra Solar, a leading solar installation company based in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. Bonterra Solar was recently named Hawai‘i’s 4th Fastest Growing Company and is one of the largest solar installation companies in the State. Andrew was also recognized as one of Hawai‘i’s Top 40 Business people under 40 in the state of Hawai‘i. His past experience includes being “Head of Television” for the late TV icon, Merv Griffin, where he was responsible for sales, development, and execution of various multi million-dollar franchise shows from Network production to Syndication and International Sales. Andrew attended University of Michigan and University of Hawai‘i for Undergraduate work and Pepperdine University for Graduate work in Business.
Charles was first elected in 2008. His current term ends April 2016, and he is eligible for a one-year term, which will be his 9th year, before he has to take a break.
Lindsay Norcross Mist
Lindsay was elected to her first three-year term in April 2013, and her first three year term expires in April 2016. She is eligible for a second three year term.
Trustees elected in 2014; term to expire April 2017
• Sarah Richards was elected for her first three-year term.
• Sherman Hee was elected for his second three-year term.
• Paul Dahlquist was elected for his second three-year term.
• John Laimana was elected for his second three-year term.
• McKibbin Mist was elected for his second three-year term.
Trustees elected in 2015; term to expire April 2018
• Puchi Romig was elected to her first three-year term.
• Chris Abbott was elected for his first three-year term.
• Toni Bissen was elected for her first three-year term.
• Peter Young was elected for his second three-year term.
• Alan King was elected for his third three-year term.
• Leilani Maguire was elected to her third three-year term.
• Martha Morgan was elected to her third three-year term.
• Doug Sheehan was elected to his third three-year term.
• Bonnie Rice was elected to a three-year term.
Trustees resigning or rotating off the Board
• Kala Judd
• Rowena Kauihou
• Spencer Leineweber (deceased)
• Brendan Ethington